function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Developer129Developer129 

Sending Approval Email dynamically to one or more users based on the record

Hi,

How can I send approval email dynamically to one or more users depending on the record? Situation I have is something like this, the record for approval could be linked to one or more users and I would like to send these users approval email. The mapping of the record to users is done in another object.

Thanx

yudhvirmoryudhvirmor

Multiple Approval processes on the basis of workflow trigger condition(Different Records)

Developer129Developer129

Thanx for the quick reply.

I did not understand you completely, did you mean to say for each user there should be a separate approval process? If so then that might work for fixed number of users, however there would be a problem for the case where number of user wont be known.

yudhvirmoryudhvirmor

I am sure you have some secnarios.. like If  Type is A then send to Group B (Create Public group of users)

If Type is Xthen send to Group Y.. So, you may have 5-6 such secnarios and I think its a realistic number to create workflows

Developer129Developer129

The scenario is something like this.. Object for which I want to send approval (let it be Object A) is linked to another Object B. Object B is mapped to different users in another object let it be Object BmapUser and this is a many to many relationship between B and user. Now what I want is to send all users that are mapped to Object B which is related to Object A. Since I dont know the number of users related to Object B therefore need a way to dynamically determine the users and send them approval email.

Thanx