function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kathir_prakashkathir_prakash 

is it possible to trigger a work flow rule from approval process?

HI all,

i want to know how to trigger or call work flow rule from approval process, 

or else whether it is possible to use the approval process before the work flow rule for an object.

please help me in this, iam very new to this...

regards,

prakash

SurekaSureka

Hi,

You can't call an approval process from a workflow rule. But you can call it from a trigger\Apex class.

Since Approval process fires only when a record is submitted for approval, this is nothing to do with the order of execution(ie.workflow rule)

Thanks

Hi sureka,

thank you very much for your kind reply,  iam also accepting your's that we cant call approval process from work flow rule, but in my case when i submitting the oppurtunity the value in that page gets vanish when i comes to approval process the value which i selected or entered is not there.

any possibility is there to maintain the same value for approval process also on click of the approval button, which is there for the work flow rule.

thank you again,

regards,

prakash.k.k

SurekaSureka

Hi,

I am not very clear with your question.

"Same value for approval process as in the workflow rule" - Do you mean the rule criteria.

Can you elaborate more.

Thanks

hi sureka,

again thank you,  Sorry for confusing you "Same value for approval process as in the workflow rule".

Let me ellobarate in detail,

In Oppurtunity object page ,

i am having a field named as Amount [data type-amount] here if i enter any value and submit the work flow rule will trigger right,

in my work flow rule my condition is if the field amount > 100$ then it will save in to database or else it will throw error message ok.

Right now if enter any thing and save this work flow rule is working fine...

but where as in approval process  iam having the rule entry criteria as the same in the above work flow rule ok,

here when i submit the approval button its throwing me error.... which i had given in error message (ie) here my condition is not satisfying , i had the doubt that the field value which i entered (ie 100$ 0r 1000$) is getting vanished or cleared while the approval button pressed or when the work flow rule gets executed.

For this reason i am asking you that any possibility is there to execute the approval process before the work flow rule..

thank you for your kind reply

regards,

prakash

SurekaSureka

Hi,

Pls answer my queries:

How are you throwing the error message through workflow rule? You mean through validation rule?

You have mentioned, "when i submit the approval button its throwing me error" - Is the error message like - "This record does not meet the entry criteria or initial submitters of any active approval processes."

Thanks

Hi sureka,

here is answer for your queries...

sorry iam not throwing any error, if the entry doesnot match it won't go inside that (ie) skipping work flow rule and its going to approval process.

Thank you,

regards,

prakash.k.k