function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Salesforce_PMPSalesforce_PMP 

Lead records with Call Center

I am new to the Call Center module and would appreciate help with this. I am trying to load a purchased list of potential/current end customers to Salesforce.com. Two options that I have are, to load them as Leads or as Person Accounts. We will be using this data for both sales and customer support (CTI).

In the past we sold our products to a broker, who in turn would have sold it to the end customer. At that time we did not have the end customers information. If this end customer calls for product support, our customer support team would like to view their information using the Call Center features and utilize the data from the purchased list. The purchased list is a universal list, some might be using our products while others might not be.

At the same time, going forward we could be attempting to sell other products directly to the people on the purchased list. If I load the purchased list as Leads, can the Salesforce.com Call Center read that information as a support call comes in? Or, can the Call Center module only read records that are Accounts/Contacts?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Shilpa_SFShilpa_SF

Hi ,

The Callcenter module only reads records that are Accounts/Contacts, the reason being generally in all kinds of business whenever business is done for a customer , then only the support phase comes in , support cannot be provided for Leads which is not turned in to business yet.

All Answers

Shilpa_SFShilpa_SF

Hi ,

The Callcenter module only reads records that are Accounts/Contacts, the reason being generally in all kinds of business whenever business is done for a customer , then only the support phase comes in , support cannot be provided for Leads which is not turned in to business yet.

This was selected as the best answer
Salesforce_PMPSalesforce_PMP

Hi Shilpa,

Thank you for clarifying this.

Anil