function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SapamrmSapamrm 

Lookup window not appearing

In our organisation there is one user who has a problem concerning the lookup-windows. Everytime she clicks on the lookup-icon, the new lookup-window appears for 1 second and then disappears again.  So it's impossible to make a choice from the lookup list. Since all our other users are not experiencing any problems, I guess it has something to do with the internet options of this specific user.

Anyone got a clue which internet setting could block the lookup-window from opening?

Thanks in advance.

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Is it a particular browser based problem? Try running the application in to some other browser and find out which browser or version is giving problem. It might happen that popup blocker is installed and closing the window in a certain time.

SapamrmSapamrm

Hmm I don't think that it has something to do with the browser, since all of our users are working with IE7 and nobody else is experiencing the same problem.

I've already checked all her advanced internet and security settings and made sure they were the same as mine, but still the lookup window won't show. Since I'm not an IT-expert I really don't know what to do anymore.. :s

yudhvirmoryudhvirmor

I am sure its an browser issue. Ask user to login to your machine to isolate the issue. If everything is fine on your machine, Install Google chrome or Fire-fox on user's machine.  I also recommend you to update to IE8 as IE7 really sucks. 

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Ya. You should check this before reaching on any conclusion.

Joe_IpsenJoe_Ipsen

Any luck with this one?

yudhvirmoryudhvirmor

@ Joe Are you also facing the same issue?

Stephen LundbomStephen Lundbom
I believe the issue is related to the 'Pop-ups and redirects' browser settings.  You can confirm by having the User check their settings and adding the redirect URL to the 'Allow' section.