function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KeithPerkinsKeithPerkins 

Knowledge Article PDF in email is blank apart from Article name

Developing Knowledge and Articles.

When sending an email (using template with Article pdf merge field) from a case that has an Article attached:-

Email arrives with a pdf attachment but when opening the pdf it is blank apart from the Article name.

I have tried changing the Article Type from Tab to Table without any success.

Anyone else come across this? Can you help?

Thanks in anticipation

Keith

etienne.giraudyetienne.giraudy

Keith,

when generating the PDf version of an article, the system applies field level security based on the standard profile "Customer Portal Manager" if you have some customer portal licenses. If this is not the case, then the field level security is applied based on the current user profile.

It seems to me you can be in the first case, with a profile that do not have access to any field of the articles (which is the case by default for security reasons).

Let me know if this is your issue!

Note: in a future release, we will allow to select an arbitrary profile in the setup, profile that will be used for applying field level security to the PDF generation.

Thanks,

Etienne

KeithPerkinsKeithPerkins

Etienne

Yes, that's it!

I am using a Developer Org. The fields in the Article type when added were by default not visible to Customer Portal Manager. I made them visible and pdf was properly created.

Thanks for your help.

Keith

1t1t
Hi, I'm seeing the same symptoms, but this being 5 years later, has the above mentioned been fixed?
I don't have any customer portal licences, but we did used to and I can see a "Customer Portal Manager Standard" in our org, but am unable to change any permissions on it.
Any help greatly appreciated. 
Tim
Yogesh KaleYogesh Kale
@1t Hi,
I was having same issue please follow the steps given at https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=cases_send_articles.htm&language=en_US
also you need to create one custom field on knowledge "Long Text Area". Put your article description in this field, add to layout.
Try sending attachment again.
Now it should show content as well.
Thanks,
Yogesh