function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MJ09MJ09 

Force.com IDE - Add/Remove Metadata Components

I just installed the new IDE, and upgraded an existing project to Summer 10. When I try to Add/Remove Metadata Components, I get an error saying, "An error has occurred. See error log for more details. Argument not valid." The Project Contents pane of the project's Properties window says, "No metadata components are selected."

I've added a new object on the server, and I want to see its definition in the IDE. How do I get the IDE to fetch it?

MJ09MJ09

Now it's doing someting different. When I right-click on the Project and select Force.com / Add/Remove Metadata Components..., under "The following metadata components are selected for synchronization," it displays only 2 of my dozen or so classes. In the previous version of the IDE, it would have displayed all of my classes, components, objects, pages, triggers, etc.

What's going on?

SomeshSomesh

When you right click and select Force.com/Add-Remove MD components, does the list of components match what is present in the src/package.xml in your project. Note that Wildcards in package.xml will get resolved to names in the list.

Do you have more than 2 classes, and other components, objects, pages etc in your project?

MJ09MJ09

You're right that my package.xml is messed up. Just before I opened it in the Summer 10 IDE, I saved off a version of the whole project. The original package.xml includes * for ApexClass, ApexTrigger, and a whole bunch of other metadata types. After the IDE converted my project to Summer 10, all I was left with was:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Package xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
    <types>
        <members>MyClass</members>
        <members>UnitTests_OtherClass</members>
        <name>ApexClass</name>
    </types>
    <version>19.0</version>
</Package>

I can correct my situation by restoring the package.xml that I had (fortunately) saved. But does this indicate a problem with the process of converting a Spring 10 project to Summer 10?