function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SydneyForceSydneyForce 

Accessing records in the recycling bin

I'd like to generate a report (or something like it) of records in the recycling bin.

e.g. I'd like to see the number of leads each user has deleted in the last month.

Does anyone know how this can be done? I can't seem to access the Recycling Bin, other than through the UI. Ideally I'd like to access it through a report or through the dataloader.

Also, does the IsDeleted field found on Account get set to True if a record is put in the recycling bin? If I run a query for anything with IsDeleted = true in the dataloader, I don't get any results.

Thanks for your help. :smileyvery-happy:

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Try using Apex Explorer. You will be able to query IsDeleted = true records. There are two options Query and Query All, select query all to get the same.

You can also make use of available API. I have used in some integrations projects(Dot Net & PHP) and find IsDeleted = True working.

Hope this helps.

All Answers

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Try using Apex Explorer. You will be able to query IsDeleted = true records. There are two options Query and Query All, select query all to get the same.

You can also make use of available API. I have used in some integrations projects(Dot Net & PHP) and find IsDeleted = True working.

Hope this helps.

This was selected as the best answer
SydneyForceSydneyForce

Thanks for your answer Pradeep, much appreciated.

Could you elaborate on what the Apex Exporer is?

Thanks!

Apex Explorer: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Apex_Explorer

If anyone has any tips on how to best use it I would appreciate your answers.