function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Steve_FinlaySteve_Finlay 

Changing the Email Alert 'from' email address

I currently have an Email Alert setup as the output from a Workflow when a new record is created. This is all working fine.

However, I would like to be able to change the 'from' email address.

When I edit the Email Alert, the only option I have is 'Current User's Email Address'

This results in the from email being...

no-reply@salesforce.com on behalf of MyName [ my_email_address ]

Ideally I would like this to be 'no-reply@my_company_domain'

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Rasmus MenckeRasmus Mencke

the "sent on behalf of" is something the email client adds when it is displaying the email. You can control this by going to

Setup | Administration Setup | Email Administration | Deliverability 

Under Email Security Compliance turn off the 2nd option, Sender ID. 

That option will set the SMTP header tag "Sender: " we set that value to no-reply@salesforce.com, and Outlook will render this in the client and show that it was sent on behalf of that address. It s part of the SenderID2.0 spec, which is supported by Microsoft. 

All Answers

Steve_FinlaySteve_Finlay

Ok, I've found the 'hidden' user ( at least hidden from my point of view :) ) associated with the public site and have changed the details there to what I want.

However, the email still reads no-reply@salesforce.com on behalf of my_company [no-reply@my_company], which is certainly a lot better than what I had, but, how do I remove the 'no-reply@salesforce.com on behalf of' portion of the from email address?

Rasmus MenckeRasmus Mencke

the "sent on behalf of" is something the email client adds when it is displaying the email. You can control this by going to

Setup | Administration Setup | Email Administration | Deliverability 

Under Email Security Compliance turn off the 2nd option, Sender ID. 

That option will set the SMTP header tag "Sender: " we set that value to no-reply@salesforce.com, and Outlook will render this in the client and show that it was sent on behalf of that address. It s part of the SenderID2.0 spec, which is supported by Microsoft. 

This was selected as the best answer
Force.comForce.com

Hello, Is it possible to set the 'from address' field of the email sent through workflow to 'Record owner' ?

Currently, its set to 'current user's email address' but my requirement is to send email with 'from address' field equal to record owner.

Please suggest

Thanks

Dany_tcsDany_tcs

Click Here!!:: Setting the Organization-Wide Email Addresses  will help you to achive this..

Abhishek.SetiaAbhishek.Setia
Hi,

In quick find/search box enter "Organization-wide email address" and click new. Detail - page opens which asks for
1. Display name : Sender's Name
2. Email address : Sender's email address

There is an option which says:-
  • Allow All Profiles to Use this From Address
  • Allow Only Selected Profiles to Use the From Addres (Selected profiles can use this sender's email address)
After clicking save button, a notification will be send to sender's email address for confirmation!!

Thanks!
Abhishek Setia
Priya MishraPriya Mishra
For the above answer after the email send how to verify email.