function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
glowitzglowitz 

Automatically Forcing Uppercase on Field Entry

Is it possible to use the form field validation tools to automatically save a field as all uppercase data? In our case, we want all Account Names to be in UPPERCASE. For example, if someone entered Salesforce.com as the account name, it would save it as SALESFORCE.COM

I would rather not show an error message -- but rather just fix it for the lazy user.... much in the same way that salesforce formats the telephone numbers to read as (xxx) xxx-xxxx regardless of how you enter the data. We like our data to be consistent and forcing all caps on accounts and other fields is one of the things we'd like to do.

I saw another post that says you need to write AJAX code to do this. I was hoping for something simple and am not an experienced salesforce programmer.

Code snippets appreciated!

Thanks,

Greg.
jpizzalajpizzala
If your org has workflow (EE, UE, DE), you could create a workflow rule that converts the Account Name to uppercase using the UPPER method when an Account is created or edited:

UPPER( Name )
LauFtnLauFtn

Would you mind being more precise, please ?

I created a workflow that prevent from entering a name that is NOT in uppercase, but I can't figure out how to make this workflow to automatically convert to uppercase a Field Entry that is in lowercase.

Thanks for your help.

My workflow :

Name <> UPPER( Name )

tomactomac

Good Morning,

In order for this to work on Assignment Rules I would need to add all the uppercase desired fields with an ADD to the rest of the criteria?

Company <> UPPER(Company) OR

Street <> UPPER(Street) OR

etc.

AND State <> "NY"

?