function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
keerthikeerthi 

workflow rule

Hi all,

I wanted to avoid duplication. I have a picklist field with the value Bed1,Bed2,... If i select Bed1 for the particular contact for the first time then i should not to select Bed1 again for the same contact. Is there any possibility to do with workflow or validation rule

How to give rule for selected value.   I mean if i select Bed1 second time for the same contact,then it will show some error.  How to write a rule for it. 
Can anyone reply to resolve this issue.

werewolfwerewolf
How can you possibly select the same value twice in the same picklist for the same contact?  Please clarify your question.
rupinder jeetrupinder jeet

hi,

do you mean to say that- if a user tries to edit the contact then he must change the value for that picklist before saving it again? Otherwise it should throw an error. Correct me if i am wrong. pls clarify your query. then we can talk abt it.

regards,

RJS.

keerthikeerthi

Hi.

What i mean is, i have session in which one contact select the bed1 then the other contact with the same sesson will not select the bed1 again. For this we have to check the selected value(i mean from the backend) for the contact. If bed1 is already there for that particular session its shows some error.

Can reply to resolve it

keerthikeerthi
Hi,

No, what i mean is i have a session with the contact name and the bed details. Contact should not select the value  from the picklist which if it is already selected by another contact in that same session.

werewolfwerewolf
What do you mean, in that same session?  Every user in Salesforce has his own session.
werewolfwerewolf
Or is Session some kind of custom object you've built?