function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
fifedogfifedog 

Need your feedback for next on-line community

Hi, (I apologize for the intrusive message on this board but I wanted to get the word out)
My name is Pete Fife, I'm not an employee of Salesforce but I very passionate about the user community. In 2003 I was the one that started the original Salesforce community on yahoo groups.  At Dreamforce 2004 I stood up on stage and announced we would roll over to this technology.  I was happy at the time since we needed something else and thought the community and technology would continue to get better. Well 4 years later the only real changes to these boards is the look.  It's time to drive Salesforce again.

I'm heading up a small group of people to get your feedback on how and what this on-line community should look like.  I would like to have a couple people from each perspective, newer to Salesforce, veterans, Dev, business analysts and yes even a couple people from Salesforce to gain a perspective on what this community should do.  We've already had a small meeting at Dreamforce 08 with 50 people and talked about ideas we wanted and I think there were some great ideas.  So if you're interested in giving your feedback please join my Facebook group: Facebook group

Ironic it maybe that I'm trying to unit the using community on one technology but using a different one... well that is the fundamental issue with the current set up. It doesn't allow us to create our own unique areas.
Jon Mountjoy_Jon Mountjoy_
Hi fifedog

I so wanted to attend your meetup at Dreamforce - unfortunately other priorities (launching those new tools like Sites) consumed all my time. It's awesome to see you guys so passionate about the community. I am too - and I'd love to connect and share ideas.

Regards,
Jon
--
Community Manager || http://developer.force.com/
fifedogfifedog
As we talked on the phone not a problem however I think we're both aligned with the same ideas of how to improve this community. As I said once the recording of the session is posted I'll post a message to the facebook group I've created. The FB group is going to be the place where I'm trying to coordinate my efforts and communication around this topic.