function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ScottMosScottMos 

Workflow Task -- Help Needed

Hello --

I am triggering a number of tasks from the Case Object.  However, when the task triggers, the Contact Name from the Case does not pass through to the Task. 

Can anyone help me figure out how to do this ???

Thanks in advance

Scott M
anup_aanup_a
It would be good if you can share some more details on the requirement and the objective that you are trying to meet. When is the task getting triggered? Where do you want to pass the Contact Name?
Please share some more details on this so that I can help you out.
ScottMosScottMos

Thanks for the question.

Inside of Case, the user has the option to select a a "Work Request".  The work request is a custom field with a pick list.  Depending on the value of the pick list, a workflow rule is triggered when the case is saved or updated.  The workflow then triggers the task.  The case is associated with a contact, so I am trying to pass the contact name from the case to the task. The task does receive the case number, but not the contact name.

The way it is set up now, you have to edit the task to update the contact.  That is a pain.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Scott M

Message Edited by ScottMos on 11-17-2008 07:24 AM
MVJMVJ
I do not believe that you an do this in standard work flow.

You can do this as part of an APEX Trigger.

1.  Create an after update/insert trigger on the case object.
2.  Check the field "Work Request" to see if it meats the criteria to generate a task
3.  You will have access to the case record that was inserted/updated so you can grap the contact ID that is linked to the case and link it to the new task.

Good Luck