function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mandy08Mandy08 

Unable to view images from Salesforce in my html templates

This may sound like a no brainer but - I've tried everything I can think of and followed
all the directions provided within Salesforce, and I still only get a small box with the
dreaded red x - no image. My html code is basic and I want to insert a logo stored on
the documents tab in Salesforce. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

I want to make a "custom" html email template - I know it cant be that hard to display
an image - I've done it tons of times with my  src pointing to a website but can't
get it to work pointing to salesforce.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
HosiHosi
Hi,

I had the same problem but finally managed to get the answer from a SF support person:

1. Click on Documents tab
2. Select your image
3. Right-click on the image itself and select Properties - this will bring a pop-up window called "Element Properties"
4. Right-click on the contents of the "Location" property and choose "Select All"
5. Right-click on the contents of the "Location" property and choose "Copy"
6. You can now paste this precise link into the src="....." custom HTML

Hope this gets other people out of strife :)

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
Are these images coming from Documents?  If so, did you turn on the Externally Available checkbox for those documents?
Mandy08Mandy08

Yeah - the image is marked externally available and no it is not part of a document.

It is a jpeg logo, stored on the documents tab (like all uploaded images).

HosiHosi
Hi,

I had the same problem but finally managed to get the answer from a SF support person:

1. Click on Documents tab
2. Select your image
3. Right-click on the image itself and select Properties - this will bring a pop-up window called "Element Properties"
4. Right-click on the contents of the "Location" property and choose "Select All"
5. Right-click on the contents of the "Location" property and choose "Copy"
6. You can now paste this precise link into the src="....." custom HTML

Hope this gets other people out of strife :)
This was selected as the best answer
Mandy08Mandy08
Thank you so very much for that tip.....it worked wonderfully, I was going crazy trying
to figure it out. Thanks again!!!!:smileyvery-happy: