function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KeithlarsKeithlars 

Trouble working with documentation for sample Recruiting app

I can't seem to get going with the sample recruiting app used in Developer Guide - Advanced programming techniques for Cloud Computing.

The book says to search for the name of this book in http://developer.force.com/codeshare to get instructions on how to load metadata required,  however there is no project there matching this name.  The project "Developer's Guide to the Force.com Platform look like its what should be used.  When you follow the instructions for loading the metadata using Ant InitUsers, it fails because there is no application called force_com, so I created it and tried again, however, then I get the error that there is no customer tab named Start_Here. 

Does anyone know where to find the instructions for making this all work.

This is extremely frustrating to say the least.

Keith Larsen
RickyGRickyG
Keith -

The book suggests that you use a new Developer Edition org to create the examples.  New DE orgs have the Force.com application as part of the org by default. 

I would suggest you sign up for an org and go from there.  The scripts have been tested and work with new orgs.
KeithlarsKeithlars
Thanks.  I had signed up at Dreamforce with a new dev account and force_com was not created at that time.

Keith
RickyGRickyG
Not sure what happened at Dreamforce, but it is definitely a part of the standard DE org.
KeithlarsKeithlars
I created a new developer account and there is no "force_com" custom app with a custom tab "Start_Here".  I see a "force.com checkout" app on the dropdown list but that is something else.  What am I missing?

Keith
RickyGRickyG
Keith -

Not sure what the problem is. I just signed up for a DE acccount, the Force.com application is there, and the InitUsers command and script run exactly as expected.

Are you sure you signed up for a Developer Edition Account?  You get that by going to developer.force.com and clicking on the image just below the search box.  You may be signing up for a different sort of trial account.

Message Edited by RickyG on 11-14-2008 12:30 PM