function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
James_DeanJames_Dean 

Command Line DataLoader

How do i use this to directly map data from my sql server to Salesforce. i believe i need to use some configuration file in order to achieve this but have no idea how to do it.
RickyGRickyG
James_Dean -

This article, found under Tools, Data Loader from the main page of DFC, will be a good starting point.

Hope this helps.
James_DeanJames_Dean
thanks for the reply and i have enabled downloading data directly from salesforce to my sql server now........am getting a java out of bounds exception on trying to upsert data from my sql server to salesforce.My sql server field names are varchar and longer than their text equivalent in salesforce....could this be a problem. I am matching them on ID which is a varchar in my database.......would a uniqueidentifier be better?.
RickyGRickyG
James -

I think you are barking up the wrong tree a bit here.  The ID for a Force.com record is a unique number automatically assigned by the system.  If you are inserting records, you don't know the ID.

If you have an ID field in your SQL Server data, you should create a field for it and potentially identify that field as an External ID, which can be used to establish relationships.

Hope this helps.