function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CRM SFDCCRM SFDC 

Crystal Reports

Hi all,

what's the advantage/disadvantage of using crystal report for SFDC DB?

Thanks.
anup_aanup_a
Are you planning to use Crystal Reports only for enhanced reporting purposes or the entire BO on-demand suite for its BI & Analytics capabilities?
Crystal Reports is quite powerful when it comes to building complex reports that cannot be met using SFDC (including Custom report types). Eg: Accounts with/without contacts/opportunities, Account 360 degree view, customer data (Leads, Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities etc) for a given scope i.e. Region etc. Crystal Report helps you build such complex reports and then publish them online on Crystal reports.com, that can be accessed from within SFDC using the CR for SFDC custom app from the AppExchange.
jgrenfelljgrenfell
I've been using Crystal with Salesforce as a data source for awhile now and wrote a post about my experiences.  The short version is, you can do a lot in Crystal that you can't in Salesforce reporting as far as formatting, number of objects to report and advanced reporting features.  But there are some limitations and hiccups in using Crystal that I detail more in that post.

Let me know if you have any specific questions I might be able to help with.