function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dshermandsherman 

Custom Link/Button

Hello!

I am very green in regards to development and salesforce. I am trying to create a custom link that pre-populates fields. In this case I am trying to populate certain contact details into a "new" Case. Once populated, then to have the ability to assign the case to support.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am a business user delving into the development realm.

Thanks in advance...

//dan
briguybbbriguybb

Hey I'm looking for something simliar and I'm new to this as well.  Listed below is what I am looking to do.

1.  Create new Solution from the Custom Detail Page via a custom link

2.  Pass data from the Case Record to the Solution

briguybbbriguybb

Hey I'm looking for something simliar and I'm new to this as well.  Listed below is what I am looking to do.

briguybbbriguybb

Specifically the Description field from the Case to the Descirption field of the Solution and

the Case Title to the Solution Title. 

Let me know if any of you can help as this will help me and my company out tremendously.  If you have any questions please feel free to ping me.

dshermandsherman
Well I found this link very helpful. I was able to create and map about 80% of the data that i wanted to. I am having issues with transferring data from a picklist (multi as well); still trying to figure that out..

http://www.slideshare.net/dreamforce2006/scontrols-for-dummies

I hope it helps. It's not very detail but after following the string I was able to make it work.

//dan
briguybbbriguybb
Hey Dan,

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look at it and let you know how it went.

BT
briguybbbriguybb

Dan

I wanted to let you know that this worked great.  There were a couple of bumps though and wanted to see if you ran into the same issue

1.  I tried to pull data from Object A, Field 1 to Object B, Field 2 but the data did not come accross.  In both cases Object A, Field 1 and Object B, Field 2 are fields with dependcies.  Do you know if this process supports fields with dependicies

2.  Save = 1, what does this do exactly.  I was hoping to have the option to create a bring up the create new solution object with some fields prepopulated.  Based on the URL that I am using it is actually saving the values and the record.

https://na1.salesforce.com/501/e?retURL=%2F501%2Fo&SolutionName={!Case.Subject}&SolutionNote={!Case.Description}&Product_Type__c={!Case.Product__c}&Application_Area__c={!Case.Application_Area__c}save=1