function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Karthik RajanKarthik Rajan 

Ability to view Different Tabs Names against the same object(Custom)

Hi,

Is there way in Saleforce UI regarding ability to view Different Names Tabs against the same object.

Ex:Say two users are there

X and Y.

and have created custom object Employee from User "X.".

I want to show to user "X" the Tab name as "Employee" Tab and to "Y" user the Tab name as " Resource" Tab but referring to same Custom Object Employee..

Regards,
Karthik Rajan

gautam_singhgautam_singh
Hi Karthik,

You can't get at this through Apex in a supported way, as the tab information is part of the metadata API. Neither you can use a dynmaic bynding in the tabStyle attribute.

I believe if you make a generic name for the object & use record type for Resource & Employee. Provide your User X with Access to only Employee Record Type & the User Y with Resource Record Type. It would work.

Hope this fulfills your requirement.

Important :

Click on the Star Icon aside if this post provides you with useful information and if this is what you where looking for then please mark it as a solution for others benefits.

Thank You
shashi lad 4shashi lad 4
I agree with you Gautam. Other suggestion which i kind of don't like but you can create custom tab using tabpanel with visualforce page. And make a look& feel like salesforce standard tabs. For too much for just a label on tab. thoughts?
shashi