function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KrylorKrylor 

Integrating external applications with Sales Force

Hi,
Am new to APEX,
Was wondering if its possible to use the APEX apis to communicate with a outside system.
I have a web based application for sending emails to people.I was wondering, If it would be possible for me  to do the actual work of mailing on my own site and not on Sales Force.

regards
Krylor

tocktock
Yes, you just need to pull the record/s back to your website from Salesforce, I do this with PHP, and then you have the data available at your website. from here you can use it to create emails etc..
KrylorKrylor
Unfortunately, I had something much more complicated in mind.
I need to allow people to upload files to my server.
RenatKhasanshynRenatKhasanshyn
Krylor, take a look at Apatar, a free tool that links data between SalesForce.Com and 3rd party databases and applications, without having to write a single line of code. Users install a visual application, link data between the source(s) and the target(s), and schedule one-time or recurring data transformations.

Because you mentioned you have to deal with files, Apatar could be a good fit. It can pick up files from your server using FTP or WebDAV connectors and sunc the selected, filetered, or all files from a specific location with your Salesforce.com account.

Apatar Features:
1. Visual job designer and mapping enable non-developers to design and perform transformations.
2. Connectivity to CSV, TXT, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase, FTP, HTTP (POST and GET), Compiere ERP, Goldmine CRM, XML (local and web-based), WebDAV, Buzzsaw, LDAP, Amazon and even Flickr;
3. Job Scheduling

A free download of Apatar is available here http://www.apatar.com/data_integration_for_salesforce_com.html

Should you have questions on how to use it, feel free to post a support request at http://www.apatar.com/forums/.

Renat Khasanshyn
Chief Mashup Officer, Apatar