function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
morleymorley 

Edit button override fails on mini view

Hi there,

I have a custom object for which I've overridden the standard Edit button with a custom s-control that redirects to my custom Java component, then back to Salesforce. It works a treat.

However, I found today that from within the Console, if I have the object showing in a mini view on the right and click Edit from there, the override doesn't kick in! Has anyone else noticed this? To me it should work because that is still a standard Salesforce Edit button.

Any thoughts would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Glenn.
DevAngelDevAngel
Hi morely,

Here is an excerpt from the online help in salesforce.com.  The topic is Custom Button and Overrides implementation notes.

If your organization uses the console, list buttons are available in the Mass Action drop-down list. List buttons will not display in the mini page layouts. Overrides for the Edit and View buttons for an object do not affect the Edit and View buttons in the mini page layouts. Pages that display due to overrides or custom buttons and links display in the console without the header or sidebar.

So, the bottom line is this behavior is as implemented, maybe not as expected.  I would, of course, suggest a feature request be placed in the idea exchange.
morleymorley
Hi DevAngel ... I thought I'd read the help thoroughly, but I missed that sentence. Thanks for pointing it out. I've promoted this as an idea on the Idea Exchange as you suggested.

Thanks,

Glenn.