function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
phpFanphpFan 

Simple (just not for me) Radio Button

I'm trying to set up a pair of radio buttons in my accounts layout.  How do I do it?  I want a customer and prospect.  Default to prospect but when customer is selected prospect is unselected and vice versa.  The field set up doesn't have radio buttons.  It does have checkboxes.  Is there a validation rule I can use to do this?  Of course validation rules don't run 'till you submit, correct?  I'd rather have it happen automatically as someone edits the record.

Also anyone know any good resources for starting validation rules training? Or starting apex code training?  Are there any good books or web sites?  I'm a PHP programmer, but I'm having some trouble with SFDC.

Thanks,

Chris
jpizzalajpizzala
Since SFDC currently does not have radio button as a field type, you could use a picklist with the two values (customer, prospect). Probably not the usability you were looking for, but it is an option.

As for training resources, I would suggest you check out the ADN. There are plenty of resources there. The following link has many resources for developing Apex:

Apex and Visualforce on ADN: http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Apex_and_Visualforce

phpFanphpFan
Cool.  I guess I'll have to go with that.  Thanks for the help.  And thanks for the link