function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eyal_WizEyal_Wiz 

Sharing Campaigns

I recently asked here about the ability to share campaigns and been told the campaign sharing will only be available in winter 08 edition.

I wanted to know if there is another way to limit a user in a way that he would only be able to edit the campaigns he created. I don't care if he can see the campaigns of other users, I just don't want him to able to edit them.  Is it possible?

Thanks
Eyal
caroline_sfdccaroline_sfdc
Eyal,

I don't believe there's any way to perform that kind of record-level security on campaigns in any release prior to Winter '08. You can control whether users can view/edit/delete/create campaigns on a user's profile (object-level security), but you cannot selectively grant permissions to users to be able to edit some campaigns but not others (record-level security) -- for that, you'll need to wait a few days for Winter '08.

At that time, you'll be able to go to Setup > Security Controls > Sharing Settings and set organization wide defaults for campaigns. If you set this to Public Read Only, all of your users who have view/edit campaigns on their profile will be able to see all campaign records, but they'll only be able to edit ones that they own or for which other sharing rules/hierarchies give them access.

Hope that helps,

Caroline Roth
Sr. Technical Writer, salesforce.com
SuperfellSuperfell
You do realize that Winter '08 is being rolled out over the next 2 weeks? its not like its going to be a long wait.