function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gstocktongstockton 

Is It Possible to Embed You Tube Video Into SF Template Email?

I am trying to create a series of template emails for our salespeople to use that have embedded You Tube video player code and perhaps a line or two of introductory text. The only way this can be done as far as I can tell is to create a template using my own Custom HTML. It will not work with one of Storefront's preformatted letterhead email templates, unless I'm missing something.

With the rapid popularity of You Tube, and many businesses starting to leverage delivery of video demos, I'm surprized that this is something that I can not be easily pasted into an email template.

Curious if there are any work arounds, other than using Custom HTML (which of course does not provide the option of editable fields for our reps to put their own text above the video clip)..
Rasmus MenckeRasmus Mencke
Most email clients, that be outlook, gmail, hotmail, yahoo etc. strip out html codes of emails and most of them will strip out the Object Tags as they can pose a security risk.

I just tried to include it in a custom template, send an email to a Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook (2007) account, and it did not work in any of them.

gstocktongstockton
Yes, I had the same experience. What we have done is create a email template using the letterhead, and the Left Column promo style, and put a You Tube Logo and Link to the video we are promoting. These emails display a lot more consistently and allow the sales rep to put in editable text.