function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JMCNJMCN 

Entitlements 2.5.5 & Customer Portal

Hi,

I have installed the really useful and powerful Entitlements Application. This addresses a previously big hole in the Support side of SF. Now we can calculate and display response and resolution times as well as track SLA violations. The will close the loop so that everything can be managed in SF.

Unfortunately I have a fairly significant issue with the implmentation. In the following instances the Entitlement for a case is properly assigned:

- A case is logged by a SF user on behalf of a customer.

- A customer raises a case via Mail-2-Case

- A cusomer raises a case via Self-Service Web Site

The entitlement is not assigned correctly when the case is logged via the Customer Portal. We have some customers who only use the Customer Portal so this is a big problem. According to release notes it should work so it is likely that I have not configured something correctly but I have not been able to identify it.

If anyone has any advice or similar experience that would be really great.

Many thanks,

werewolfwerewolf
Can you elaborate as to how it's not assigned correctly?  Is it not assigned correctly or not assigned at all?
JMCNJMCN
Thanks Werewolf. If a customer submits a case via the customer portal the entitlement is not assigned at all. Any ideas? Thanks, JMcN
werewolfwerewolf
You have to make sure that the Entitlement field is shown and writeable on the Case edit page (so in the Case page layout) that's shown to the portal user.  The Entitlements app uses this field to write the entitlement into the case.
edel1985edel1985

Hi,

Iv just installed service entitlements 2.5.5 and when i create a new case its not filling in the response times like it should. Also when creating the support programs the section for creating priorities mapping is not there. I think this might be th cause of the problem. there is also an error on the entitlemets settings page. when you enter the 15 digit code for the entitlements field and hit quick save nothing happens. when you select the error box that shows up it says theres an object expected so theres obviously something missing from the code.

Thanks

Edel

werewolfwerewolf

That's some weirdness you're describing there.  Maybe the package didn't install fully for some reason?  Those priority mappings are required for it to calculate the SLA properly, and I've not heard of the entitlement setup custom object failing either.

Can you uninstall the package and reinstall it to see if you get better results?

edel1985edel1985

hey

tried uninstalling the package and reinstalling it.but it still doesnt work. I noticed when i was going through the install process when its shows the list of fields its going to install, the prioity mapping fields werent there. the problem with the entitlement setup custom object failing was because i was using internet explorer, its works OK with firefox.

werewolfwerewolf
Maybe those fields aren't shown because they're part of the whole custom object that is Support Program.  You are looking for these fields in Support Program, right?
edel1985edel1985

No I've double checked everything. The Fields are still not there. Any ideas as to why these might be missing.

werewolfwerewolf
Not a clue.  I've never heard of anything like that before.  If you go to Setup->Create->Objects and look at the Support Programs object, do you see the fields in there?
edel1985edel1985

Ya I looked there as well. I even tried installing it on the developer edition to see if it worked there but it didnt. I thought it might have had something to do with the way I set it up but I followed all the steps in the set up manual. The only thing I can think of is maybe somebody made a change to the download on the app exchange.