function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gprasunagprasuna 

Calling Webservice

Hi,

We have configured Axis with Weblogic 8.1 in our Organisation for webservices. Does Salesforce also use Axis for webservices or Salesforce has its own way of calling a webservice which we created using Axis.

Thanks,

Prasuna

shillyershillyer

Hi Prasuna,

If you have a web service, the Force.com platform can call this directly from Apex Code. Check out this great article for more details.

Hope that helps,

Sati

gprasunagprasuna

Hi,

I am tryin to invoke an external webservice from apex class.But i am unable to do so.

I have a webservice method which takes two input parameters and returns a output. This webservice was deployed using apache axis and saved with .jws extension. Apache axis automatically generates the WSDL for this webservice.

Now i want to write a client application in my case i want the client to be salesforce.com . Saying that i would like to invoke the above mentioned webservice method from the apex class.

My question is :

How can i invoke that webservice method from apex class as we wont be having AXIS libraries available in the apex class. Please let me know the correct way to do this.

I tried to import the wsdl file of the webservice method that i want to invoke and generated an Apex class from it.

1. How can i Run this client apex class and view the response of the webservice method.

2. Should we create a client stub to make this possible.

Guide us through the correct way of doing this.

Thanks ,

Prasuna.

Message Edited by gprasuna on 02-13-2009 05:26 AM