function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dturkeldturkel 

Force IDE Deploy to Server: Inherited WebLinks not validating correctly, or other problem?

I'm trying to deploy to a sandbox environment from our production environment, and I'm receiving validation errors regarding WebLinks that exist in our Account object, but not in our PersonAccount object.  I've checked the structure in both production and the target sandbox environment, and they are the same... the complained about WebLinks DO EXIST, and can only exist in the Account object.  Does anyone have any clue why I keep getting these errors:

# Deploy Results:
   Name:    layouts/PersonAccount-Person Account Layout.layout
   Action:  NO ACTION
   Result:  FAILED
   Problem: In field: customLink - no WebLink named PersonAccount.GoogleSearch found

Name:    layouts/PersonAccount-XXX- Care Rep Person Account Page Layout.layout
   Action:  NO ACTION
   Result:  FAILED
   Problem: In field: customLink - no WebLink named PersonAccount.Bill_View found

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Bill EidsonBill Eidson

dturkel -

This has been confirmed as a bug which will be addressed in a patch release shortly.

Thanks,

- Bill

All Answers

gv007gv007
Did you gave access permission for the weblink,in Remote site setting possible can you explain elaborately.
Bill EidsonBill Eidson

dturkel -

This has been confirmed as a bug which will be addressed in a patch release shortly.

Thanks,

- Bill

This was selected as the best answer
dturkeldturkel

Bill--

Thanks for the information.  Is there a link to a bug list (in a bug tracker) and/or indication of when it will be resolved?

Thanks again,

David

Bill EidsonBill Eidson

David -

It should be fixed Thursday evening; I'll update you if, for whatever reason, it gets delayed.

- Bill

dturkeldturkel

Thanks again Bill.  Is this an IDE bug fix, or something server side?

David

Bill EidsonBill Eidson
         Server side
dturkeldturkel

Bill, I'm still receiving this error when trying to deploy to my Sandbox.

I'm also receiving an error when trying to Add a Workflow because the defined user does not exist in the Sandbox (and never would, since the username would have to be unique?).

Please advise.

Thanks,

Dave

Bill EidsonBill Eidson

The fix hasn't gone out yet, it's for Thursday 2/19.  As for usernames, yes, you need to adjust the user name as appropriate for the target organization.