function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SiriusBlackOpSiriusBlackOp 

Custom Button on Products Related List in Opportunity Page Layout.

I would like to add a custom button to the Products related list on the Opportunity page layout, but the interface is acting like this is not possible.  My test button shows up as an option in the other related lists, but not the products.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a limitation that I need to work around? Is it just not allowed at all?

I've searched the help and these sites but didn't find anything documented on this.  Looks like you can override the standard buttons, but that doesn't help me.  Would like an additional custom button.

Anybody know what is going on here?

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
shillyershillyer

Create the custom button under Opportunity Products (Setup | Customize | Opportunities | Opportunity Products). Be sure it's a List button.

Once created, go back to the Opportunity Page Layout, and you'll be able to add it to the Products related list under the Custom Buttons section.

Hope that helps,

Sati

All Answers

shillyershillyer

Create the custom button under Opportunity Products (Setup | Customize | Opportunities | Opportunity Products). Be sure it's a List button.

Once created, go back to the Opportunity Page Layout, and you'll be able to add it to the Products related list under the Custom Buttons section.

Hope that helps,

Sati

This was selected as the best answer
SiriusBlackOpSiriusBlackOp

LOL!  I was about to call you out when I went back to this and realized I created the list button on the Opportunity and not Opportunity Products.  My thought was that if I was adding this to the Opportunity Page Layout, then I should create the button there for use on any related list (my original one showed up for the rest of the lists)... but it seems that this one is special.

Thanks Much!  :smileyhappy:

duksduks

I have some work like

show all the product related to some opporutnity ,make a button in related list of product in opprtunity's detail page, on click on that a custom page, which will show all the related opportunityLineitem

how to resolve this, i did

1> lookup with opp

2>crt btn on opp product as u said but where that button goes and how it shuld on pg layout (and which)so it will show all opp line item