function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DLCHDLCH 

Custom Object to Drive Calendar

Has anyone created a custom object with date fields that populated a calendar in Salesforce?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
NikkiSmith1NikkiSmith1

We have a similar request.  We would like to share an events marketing calendar with our sales teams; however, the events are listed in a spreadsheet and I can't import them into a public calendar.  I've seen the visualforce calendar, but that seems like too much work to simply share a calendar with a group of people...

There has to be an easier way...

All Answers

Big ChewyBig Chewy
did you ever get a response or figure this out?  I need to do the same thing...  I was thinking of writing triggers that automatically added or deleted a related Event based on somebody creating or modifying the date/time field in the custom object but that doesn't seem too elegant.
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

If there is a custom calendaring app out there, I've yet to see it. I have written a calendar, but it's not a general-purpose calendar that just anyone could use. If you still have a need for a new calendar, please feel free reply to this message and we'll see what we can work out. If there's sufficient demand, I'm going to suggest to the team that we create a calendaring app; the more feedback for what users would like to see, the more elegant we can create the calendaring system. When replying, think of the following questions: What edit capability should it have (if any)? Do people prefer Ajax-like interfaces? Any interests for multi-day events? Should there be calendar security around the calendar? What about multi-user calendars? These questions, and so many more, are questions that would need to be answered in order to provide the best solution possible. I'd love to hear peoples' feedback on this suggestion.

NikkiSmith1NikkiSmith1

We have a similar request.  We would like to share an events marketing calendar with our sales teams; however, the events are listed in a spreadsheet and I can't import them into a public calendar.  I've seen the visualforce calendar, but that seems like too much work to simply share a calendar with a group of people...

There has to be an easier way...

This was selected as the best answer
kiddles2010kiddles2010

I have a "visit" custom object that I'd love to be able to put as an event in a rep's calendar - just like an event.  There's got to be an easy way to do this.  It has a start time, end time, date, etc...

Any help??? :(