function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Manish GManish G 

Client certificate for Outbound messaging.

Hi,

There is a client certificate provided by Salesforce.com for Outbound messaging. Is this certificate unique for every Org or generic in nature.

How do we perform Authentication for Salesforce.com outbound messaging in case the client certificate is generic.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Manish
jamesa74jamesa74
>>Is this certificate unique for every Org or generic in nature.(?)
-It's generic.

>>. How do we perform Authentication for Salesforce.com outbound messaging in case the client certificate is generic.
I would concider sending login credentials. It's not secure as using client certificate but it's something.

Manish GManish G
Hi,

Thanks for the response. How can we customize the outbound messaging to send the login credentials.

thanks
Manish
jamesa74jamesa74
Well actually what I had in my mind is sending a soap message using Apex code and not outbound messaging. If you use apex code you simply add some login credentials to the message.

If you use outbound messaging you're pretty much restricted to just sending object fields. A (nasty) work arround to this may be adding a custom "password" field to the object and sending it along the message.
Manish GManish G

Hi,

Using apex will lose the benefit of retries available with the Outbound notification.

regards