function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gstocktongstockton 

Having Trouble Creating Email Template with Solution Data

Hello,
I am trying to impliment some email templates to be used for Case Response. As I understand it, if I have identified and selected a Solution from our knowledge base, it is possible to embed the content from the solution in an email to the customer. However, when I test my email, none of the solution text is pulled into the email.

Here is what I have in my email template, I would appreciate any help you might be able to offer.

We reviewed your request for assistance and found the following information and thought it might be helpful.
{!Solution.Link}
{!Solution.SolutionNote}
We shall mark this case as closed. If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us, making sure to reference the above case number in your communication.
Thank you,
{!User.Name}
{!User.Title}
{!User.CompanyName}

------ Your Question / Comment ------
{!Case.Description}

Rasmus MenckeRasmus Mencke
How are you sending this email? You will need to set the WhatId (the specific solution) the data should be merged in from the solution id you pass in.
gstocktongstockton
Hello, and thank you for reply.

I am sending the email from the Case, which has a Solution identified and attached to the Case. I'm unfamiliar with the WhatId  that you mention. When I compose the template design, I select from the Available Merge Fields, Solutions, then Solution Details - it creates this value {!Solution.SolutionNote}  which I place on the body of my template. When I use this email template, the place in the email where the Solution Details is supposed to be remains empty.
gstocktongstockton

I think I might have solved this, I was pulling the incorrect field value. I needed to pull:

{!Case.Solution_Subject_and_Description}
{!Case.Suggested_Solutions}

My error.