function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RBorrasRBorras 

creating a new page

I work for Florida International University. I need to create a page which we can keep track of our tuition wavier program. there are going to be certain fields that will pull data and some that will have to enter data and store it. Not really familiar with program. Need some assistance.
LarryHLarryH
Hi - you might want to start by taking some of the fundamental courses found in the help section in the production version of salesforce.com. There are a ton of video walk throughs that explain adding fields and changing page layouts, locking fields designated for integration, salesforce.com API, and how this affects end users.

The task that you are attempting isn't always something that can be built in a day. Understand the basic fundamentals of the APEX language will also help as well!

I hope that helps a little... Most of the knowledge I gained was via help and many failed attempts.

-Larry
werewolfwerewolf
Larry is right.  There's a pretty good likelihood that you won't have to do any coding of any kind to do what you want to do -- there's a point-and-click interface for creating the data objects you need, and it will sort of automatically create the page for you.

In Salesforce, go to the Help & Training link.  There go to the Training tab.  Set your role as System Administrator.  You'll then be presented with a number of "Fundamentals" courses that are pre-recorded.  I'd recommend you view the first 3 courses -- they will probably be most relevant.  Salesforce also offers instructor-led training around the nation, so if you're interested in that, have a look at ADM-201, Administrator Essentials.  Those Fundamentals prerecorded courses I noted are prerequisites to ADM-201.