function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ThundercatThundercat 

Case History Timeline 8.25 was functioning but is no longer - not sure why.

Hello.  We had installed Case History Timeline and were happily using it.   We are not sure what changed but now when we click on the Case Timeline link within our cases, the window for the case timeline launches but there is no case timeline data within in.   The bottom of the window says "done".   There should definitely be case timeline history, both public and private.   We have calls and emails and comments within the case.  Any idea of what we should do to troubleshoot?
Thanks!
werewolfwerewolf
Is there any Javascript error that you can see?  Try running it in Firefox if you're not already, it'll give you better error messages when you go to the Javascript console.
ThundercatThundercat
Hello, Werewolf.  
Yes, I am using firefox RC 3.   There are no errors.   One thing that is kind of strange is that if I place my mouse in the whitespace where the case timeline would be, my mouse is the regular arrow.  But if I hover my mouse a little above that, in the header area where it displays the "Case Timeline" Case Number, Case Subject, the dropdown for me to select Public and Private or just Public -  that whole area.. my mouse changes to the hourglass.  
Thanks
werewolfwerewolf
No errors readily displayed -- but what happens if you go to Tools->Error Console in Firefox?
ThundercatThundercat
Ok, yes.  Thanks.   There are two:

The first is a Warning Level:

"Error in parsing value for property 'vertical-align'. Declaration dropped."

It refers to line 1577 of http:s://na1.salesforce.com/dCSS/Them2/default/common.css
  vertical-align:auto;

The second is an Error Level:

"bNode is undefined"

It refers to line 2535 of https://www.salesforce.com/services/lib/ajax/beta3.3/sforceclient.js

for (i=0;i<bNode.childNodes.length;i++) {
werewolfwerewolf
Actually word has it the beta version of the AJAX toolkit (on which the case timeline was written) has some issues with Firefox 3, so that's probably the cause.  Incidentally Andrew Waite did a great webinar yesterday showing the case timeline rewritten in Visualforce, and I think they're going to post the code on the blog and then at some point package it too.
ThundercatThundercat
Hmmm, You're right.   I tried viewing the case timeline in IE 7.   I immediately get a little Windows Internet Explorer Popup message window that says, "[object Error]".    But when I try generating the case timeline in IE 6, it works fine.
Thanks

Ron HessRon Hess
Look for this code to appear this coming Wed on the Developer site, there will be a link to the webinar and this Visualforce src code.
ThundercatThundercat
Excellent.   I'll be watching for it.  Thanks so much.
jeremy_wjeremy_w
Ron, I can't find the links to the new visualforce version you mentioned. Can you post the link on here?

Thanks

Ron HessRon Hess
new version is published here

the old version broke in firefox 3 i think.

http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Visualforce_CaseHistoryTimeline
SalesUserSalesUser
Thundercat or Werewolf, I am trying to install the case history timeline and getting an error message.Should I have to do much customization? Thanks!