function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kim_lebiczkim_lebicz 

Last Activity on Cases

Hello All

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a workflow rule that is based on the last activity of a case? I want to have an email go out to the case owner if the case has remained open for x days. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
werewolfwerewolf
You cannot create a workflow rule based on this right now.  You can make an Apex trigger on Activity which stamps the case whenever an activity is made on it, and then base your workflow rule or escalation on that stamp.

Incidentally if you're just concerned with emails, you actually can make a workflow rule on EmailMessage that acts on Case.  EmailMessage is only exposed if you have Email2Case activated.
kim_lebiczkim_lebicz
I was afraid that would be the answer. I will look into your suggestion. Thanks for the advice.
kim_lebiczkim_lebicz

HI werewolf

Could you elaborate on EmailMessage? Where do I find that? We do have Email2Case activated.

werewolfwerewolf
EmailMessage can be seen in the Emails related list on Case.  To make a workflow rule on it, just create a new workflow rule and set its source object as Email Message.  You will then be able to create a field update on that rule that updates the parent Case.
werewolfwerewolf
EmailMessages are automatically created with any inbound email or outbound email on a case, so both will trigger workflow.
kim_lebiczkim_lebicz
Works perfectly!! Thanks so much!