function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AidenMAidenM 

Automatically updating schedule dates

Hi All,

When a user updates their opportunity close date, it does not affect the schedule dates associated with a product when the product was created. So, if the user doesn't update the schedule dates, reports could show billing to start before the opportunity is projected to close or revenue now showing up in the wrong quarter/year.  A single opportunity can have multiple products and it is time consuming to update the individual schedule of every product associated with an opportunity.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to push out schedule dates based upon a change in close date.

Thanks.

Aiden

ScotScot

I'd suggest a Web link on the opportunity which would call an sControl to update the schedules.

It wouldn't be a trivial sControl.  It would need to iterate through the line items, and within each of these, through the schedules, perform some appopriate date arithmetic, and update the values. This could be built out of javascript, and thus hosted on salesforce.com without requiring another server.

There has been some discussion about the desirability of such a control ...

? has anyone else already built one they're willing to share?

The_FoxThe_Fox
Hi,

I have to work on it too I have the basic code for now but my main issue is about handling different time zone? any hints are more than welcome

I will share it with you of cours as soon it is available.

BTW I think it could be a feature request to be able to link existing field (standard fiels) with some validation rules.

Cheerfully
EricGEricG
The organization I am working with is very interested in making this a standard feature or option for product schedules.  Has this been officially requests as an enhancement so we don't need to use a weblink to gain this functionality?
ScotScot

I suspect that it has been requested by at least one person, though I haven't yet.  You'll want to request it as well, however:

> Make sure that someone has
   > The more requests for something, the more likely it will show up sooner

Scot

Pat McQueenPat McQueen
Did anyone have a sample they would be willing to post?

Pat

The_Fox wrote:
Hi,

I have to work on it too I have the basic code for now but my main issue is about handling different time zone? any hints are more than welcome

I will share it with you of cours as soon it is available.

BTW I think it could be a feature request to be able to link existing field (standard fiels) with some validation rules.

Cheerfully

BAGELBAGEL
I am also interested in knowing the solution too. I am new to salesforce, so it would be nice to find some help to get me going. Thanks in advance. :)
The_FoxThe_Fox
Hello,

I have done it for my organisation and Carl_V has done the sanitizing in order to match the basic organisation that is no custom dates and proofing if the multi-currency is on or off for the org. But it is working quite well.

I think it will be published soon on the AppExchange so if you do not want to wait you can email me here chumbert at odyssey-group dot com

Regards
Carl_V1Carl_V1

Just to close off this thread with a conclusion, the 'Schedule Shifter' app is on the appexchange and is the result of The_Fox's generous contribution and some additional work to manage multi-currency etc.

There is a solution to revenue schedule shifting waiting for you there!

Regards,

Carl_V :smileyvery-happy:

TWellmanTWellman

Oh, this is SUCH a life-saver!!  You made my holiday!!

Terry W

benderguybenderguy

Is this code/app still out there somewhere?  Can someone post a link to it?

I'm struggling with finding any way to do things like show "last scheduled date" on the opportunity, or create an alert when the last delivered date is nearing.