function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gareth DaviesGareth Davies 

Filtering of Tasks by Date: One Year cut off

Hi,

I am with a client who and we want to perform a look back analysis on client activity. Unfortunately the API and, therefore, excel connector does not allow you to query objects with an ActivityDate greater than one year ago.

If we know the ObejctID we can return it through the http://emea.salesforce.com/OBJECTID method but not by specifying the ID to the API. We have determined that the API is automatically filtering all tasks greater than one year when the api query method is used. Is there anyway to bypass this?

I know the data is there, but it appears to be inaccessible other than by doing a screed scrape on the webpage (or waiting for the export files to arrive) as things stand. Any plans to change this, or did I miss something?

Gareth.

ScotScot

Gareth,

They mention in the salesforce.com help, and in the API document, that activities are archived after a year. The API one specifically states that they are not available through the API.

Not, like you, that I'm enthused about this limitation.

Help:..Salesforce archives older activities according to the conditions below:
  • Events with a due date greater than 365 days old
  • Closed tasks with a due date greater than 365 days old
  • Closed tasks without a due date that were created more than 365 days ago

Archived activities can be viewed only in the Activity History related list, export files, printable view, or by clicking View All on the Activity History related list.

You can search for archived activities using advanced search. Administrators can delete archived activities using Mass Delete.

API:....

Sforce archives older events and Tasks according to the criteria listed below. In the Salesforce user interface, users can view archived activities only in the Printable View or by clicking View All on the Activity History related list or by doing an advanced search. However in the Sforce API, archived activities are not accessible.

Sforce archives activities according to the following criteria:

• Events with an ActivityDateTime or ActivityDate value greater than or equal to 365 days old
    • Tasks with a Closed flag value of True and an ActivityDate value greater than or equal to 365 days old
    • Tasks with a Closed flag value of True, a blank ActivityDate field, and a create date greater than or equal to 365 days ago

If you use the Sforce API to insert activities that meet these criteria, the activities will be archived during the next run of the archival background process.