function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MarkerVMarkerV 

Round Robin by Queue

I found the suggested way to do a round robin lead assignment:
MOD(VALUE({!Lead_Number__c}) ,3)  using the custom auto-number field called Lead Number.

That's great, if I want all my leads to be assigned evenly through all Queues or Reps, BUT...We are set up to do territory assignment.  The problem is, some territories are split.  So for example leads that come in from NYC need to be distributed evenly between 3 reps. 

If we use the above solution above, I will not be distributing leads evenly between the 3 NYC reps because the Lead Number field is assigned on the creation of the lead.  If every 3rd lead happens to come in from NYC, then EVERY lead for NYC would go to the same rep. 

Basically, I am going to set up so that I route to my Territory Queues based on whatever criteria I have (Zip, State..etc).  Then for any Territory that has multiple Reps, I need to do a round robin AT THAT POINT.  I'd love it if I could set the auto-number field based on what territory the lead goes into.

Any ideas?

Another way to look at it is if I had Sales people that specialized in particular products.  If a lead for Product A came in, it needed to be distributed between Reps 1, 2 and 3...If a lead came in for Product B, it needs to be distributed to Reps 4, 5 and 6.

The Auto Number incriments all the leads together, so I can divide them up evenly within the 2 groups.  I did think about using the auto number, then forcing it to be odd or even (Auto Num * 2 for even, Auto Num * 2 +1 for odd), which might work for 2 groups, but I'll have 4 or 5 groups, not just 2.

Message Edited by MarkerV on 08-24-2005 09:22 AM