function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BARJRDBARJRD 

Values do not display in Lookup dialog until they are actually used/saved in a record

This is a strange situation:

1)   I created a custom object (basically a 'lookup' table --- let's call it "A")  in my development account and populated it with appr 30 records.

2)   I exported the custom object (and data) to my production account.  They are all visible in the "A" List view.

3)   I create a new Campaign (which contains a lookup to "A").  When I the Lookup dialog box comes up, NO records are displayed. 

4)   In the Search box, I enter "B*" and the 3 records beginning with a "B" are displayed.

5)   I select one of these values (e.g., "Babies"), then save my Campaign record. 

6)   Now, whenever the "A" Lookup dialog box is displayed,  "Babies" is displayed. 

7)   If I select a value from the "A" Lookup dialog box but DON'T save the Campaign, the value will NOT be visible the next time the "A" Lookup is displayed.

What is happening??

Thanks,

Barb R.

Going South.ax738Going South.ax738

You might want to check record owner permissions on the A object.

Set viewall for your project on object A to check on if you can see them.

Also, goto Admin setup/security controls/filed accessibility/select object A and see if all columns are avl for your profile.

WaheeeeboWaheeeebo

Hi

This problem happened to me as well

all imported data is not showing in the lookup dialog

however I am is the only owner and I have permission to see the full list

and update it as well

SuperfellSuperfell

The lookup dialog only shows records from the MRU when its opened, you need to search for the record you want to select.