function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kathir_prakashkathir_prakash 

How to lock the record?

Hi all,

I do know to how to lock the whole record , can you please help me in this.

or else

i want to disable the inline edit and edit button in the page , how to do?

regards,

prakash

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

You can hide Edit button from the pagelayout. Go to the pagelayout from where you want to disable Edit button. Click on the Edit button and then drag and drop it to the button section and save the layout.

To disable inline editing Click Setup | Customize | User Interface. Uncheck the check box "Enable Inline Editing" and save the settings.

Did this answer your question?  if so, please mark it solved.

tantotanto

Do you want to do this for certain profiles, after a certain time, or if certain criteria is met? Could you please provide some more info on when and for who you want to lock the record?

Hi pradeep,

Thank you for your reply, i think so your answer will be true incase on the whole if i want to remove the in line editing but sorry here i want to do when a criteria mets then i want to disable the record i did disable the edit button but i am not able to do for the inline editing . can you please help in these situation

example:-

If a user selects a option in a picklist (ie) approved and un approved option where there in my picklist if he selected approved then i want to make the record as read only, and i should not allow them to edit those records again.

thank you,

regards,

prakash.

Hi tanto,

Thank you for your kind reply , ya i want to do this in certain creteria mets

example:-

If a user selects a option in a picklist (ie) approved and un approved option where there in my picklist if he selected approved then i want to make the record as read only or  i should not allow them to edit those records again i made the edit button disabled but  inline editing is still happening.

can you please help me in this,

regards,

prakash