function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfdeveloper9sfdeveloper9 

Deleting picklist value from Type field in Task

I added a picklist value "Test PL" to the Standard field Type in Task object. I don't have any default value set for the picklist. now if I try to delete the value "Test PL", it is giving me error "This picklist must contain at least one default value."  Is there any other way I can delete the picklist value. however I am able to this for any custom picklist field. but not able to do for this particular field. please advice.

Thanks in advance

RS

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

There are already 4 default picklist values in the task type picklist. Make one of them default and then try deleting the picklist value entered by you.  It will allow you to delete any of the picklist values once one is set to default. The default picklist value can not be deleted. To make a picklist value default : click on the edit and then check the default checkbox.

Did this answer your question? if so, please mark it solved.

sfdeveloper9sfdeveloper9

I don't want to default to a particular value as this field is being used in different page layouts by difference profiles. Is there any way the picklist value can be deleted without defaulting to a particular value. we did not have this issue earlier I guess. Is this a sping 10 or summer 10 enhancement.

Thanks,

RS

KitaSanKitaSan

Just noticed this change as well... Are we no longer able to have Task Type default to a null value? It is much easier to get accurate information from the users if the are forced to select a value, rather than relying on them to change the value to the most appropriate one. 

One work around may be to create a "Null" picklist value and then create a validation rule that doesn't allow "Null" to be saved, but it certainly is not as convenient as before!