function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jayjaypg22jayjaypg22 

[Force.com IDE] deployment problem on overwriting action

I use force.com IDE to deploy a sandbox to another sandbox in order to test my deployment plan. I can add new apex classes and custom objects but I can't  overwrite existing one.

To be exact when I try to overwrite I receive the "deployment successfull" message. But after refreshing my workspace I use Wnmerge to check the update of destination file and the differences are still there.

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Have you physically checked the org? You should compare the classes and object after logging in to your org. Refreshing the workspace sometimes not gives the desired results and hence shows the difference.

Hope this helps.

jayjaypg22jayjaypg22

Indeed you are right. I don't know how I could refresh my workspace so :  if  force => refresh from server doesn't work. I have about 400 objects and classes to overwrite, it will be terrible to check the differences one by one by edition!

SomeshSomesh

1) Are you refreshing the workspace of a project you created against the destination org( i.e. the org you deployed to?)

2) The IDE supports refreshing your workspace on the project, folder and component(file level). you could just right click on a single class or object that you deployed in the project against the destination org and see if it indeed got refreshed.

hth