function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kbaker412kbaker412 

Adding a custom object as a related list for the Case object

I've recently created a custom object to pull in customer info from e-documents and I will like to show some of this info on the case page layout.  Unfortunately this new custom object isn't showing as a related list for the Case object, only the Account object.  The "master record" for the custom object is listed as the Account, but I don't see anyway to change this to make the master record the "case". 

Any suggestions?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

In case your basic requirement is just to bring the object in the related list of case, then you can add in the custom object a new custom field which is a lookup to case object, then you will get a related list of the custom object associated with the case object, which you can add to the case layout either as you are creating the new custom field(lookup to case) of of the custom object or you can later add the related list to the case layout from the pagelayout.

Did this answer your question? if so, please mark it solved.

All Answers

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

In case your basic requirement is just to bring the object in the related list of case, then you can add in the custom object a new custom field which is a lookup to case object, then you will get a related list of the custom object associated with the case object, which you can add to the case layout either as you are creating the new custom field(lookup to case) of of the custom object or you can later add the related list to the case layout from the pagelayout.

Did this answer your question? if so, please mark it solved.

This was selected as the best answer
renanfamousrenanfamous

Ispita_Navatar u just save my day, thnks!