function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sabinesabine 

SFGA does not work - leadsource is not set with

Hi,

after using Salesforce web-to-lead and Google Adwords for a couple of years, we decided to use SFGA.
I am convinced that this feature is great!

So, I added the needed code as described to each page of our homepage (www.hrworks.de/kontakt) but I did not succeed.

The problem is that the leads are created the same way they have been created before installing SFGA:
The lead source is NOT populated with "Google AdWords"/"Search engine  <Search Engine Name>" /"Website referral" /"Web Direct"

For testing purposes, I created a reduced contact form: http://www.hrworks.de/sfga_test.html.
In case of directly accessing this form, it should be "Website referral" or "Web Direct". Shouldn't it?

I created a test ad, too - search in google for "Tspuk"
This is our test ad:
      Tspuk ist toll
      Pvrqxy auch
      www.hrworks.de/sfga_test.htm

Coming from the ad does not work either (should be Lead source "Google AdWords").

I hope that you can give me a hint what the problem is.

Thank you very much

Sabine Knöfel

sabinesabine

I found the reason:

If you want to use sfga, the form must not have a field lead_source which is used in web-to-lead assignment.

If you have a field lead_source in your form and use it in the web-to-led assignment for setting the lead source of the lead, sfga will not overwrite this with the sfga lead source information.

For this reason we will use the field "web source" as described here instead of the "lead source":

http://sites.force.com/answers/ideaView?c=09a30000000D9y3&id=08730000000HETVAA4&returnUrl=%2Fapex%2FideaList%3Fc%3D09a30000000D9y3%26category%3DCampaign%2B%2526%2BLead%2BManagement%26p%3D4%26sort%3Dpopular

I hope this will work.

I had lead source field like this:

<select  id="lead_source" name="lead_source">
<option value="">--None--</option>
<option value="xxx">xxx</option>
</select>

itsmarcie22itsmarcie22

Sabine:

So did you delete lead_source from all your forms to get the automatic sfga tracking to work?

I am not employing web_source in my forms, but it would be ideal to have the sfga tracking flow into web_source and lead_source continue as we've used it in the past.

Please chime in on the first question.

Thank you,

Chris