function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DshorizonDshorizon 

Calculating Values from a pick list

Hi, 

I have been trying to create a report off of our opportunities,  I currently have a custom pick list field called status.  I have a report pulling the Wins and Losses out of the pick list, What I am trying to do is find a way to get the ratio of wins. The issue I'm running into is i cant find a way to insert any math to do the reporting, I'm not able to say Wins/Total wins& Losses = Win ratio and display this inside the report.  Does anyone know exactly how i need to get this data populated? 

I'm sure this is something basic but I'm new to the sales force system and have not found anywhere

to provide this functionality

Thanks,

Dustin 

DshorizonDshorizon

Maybe i worded my question incorrectly. 

Basicly i have a report running, This report pulls off of the stage if the value is equal to Win or Loss, it ignores the other stages for this report.

I'm trying to add a win ratio next to the total wins and losses but I cant seem to figure out were to insert the function or create a formula.

Do i need some kind of anaylitic snap shot? If i do what should i capture?

My Formula is going to be            Total Wins / Total Wins + Total Losses = Win ratio, all this reporting should be off of one pick list field. 

I have alot of data base management (MS SQL) experience but im pritty new to sales force so im not sure exactly how to get this to work inside the current system. 

If anyone has any ideas insight or anything it would be greatly appreciated.  

Thank you,

Dustin S 

CaptainObviousCaptainObvious

Have you looked into Custom Summary Formulas on reports? Create a Summary Report or Matrix Report, then in Step 3: Select the information to summarize scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. Click the New button to create your formula.

DshorizonDshorizon

This slightly works, the issues I run into are I cant get the ratio per sales person on the report.

I can get a ratio correctly if I filter it to one Sales Rep but if i try to display all the reps ratios the numbers all add together and basically return worthless values. 

This is the formula i attempted to use in this field, for the life of me i cant figure how i would section this off to individuals on the same report.  

This is the current formula i'm using with it filtered to one sales person. It also wont display on a chart.  

RowCount/PARENTGROUPVAL(RowCount, GRAND_SUMMARY)

DshorizonDshorizon
Thats unfortunate i was really hoping that some one else has ran into a issue similar to this one. It just surprises me that such simple manipulation is outside the scope of sales force. I guess when they said my space in mind, they truly meant it