function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
IntegrationsIntegrations 

New & Updated Record Que For Data Integrations

Can anyone tell me if there is a "que" offered within Salesforce that records changes and/or newly added records?  I am designing our two way integrations and would like to use a que as opposed to created and modified dates.

If there is NOT a que, can you tell me how you accomplished this (or would accomplish it) by way of non-apex administrative application changes??

Thanks, Tammy

aalbertaalbert
Check out the API docs for the getUpdated() call. Here is an additional link to an explanation of data replication with the salesforce.com API. There are also partner solutions, like the ondemand offerings from Informatica, that do this type of extract out of salesforce.com.
IntegrationsIntegrations

Hey Albert,

Thanks so much for your response!  We actually use On Demand today to replicate our SF database, but I wasn't aware that they were able to capture "changes" only.  I'll be sure to check it out!!  I'll also look at the API documentation that you mention and see if Informatica PowerCenter is able to make the specifica calls.

Thanks again!!

Tammy

aalbertaalbert

If you have the salesforce.com connector for PowerCenter, you are in great shape. Its been over a year since I last implemented it, but I am almost positive the Informatica salesforce.com connector and PowerCenter make it very easy you for you get the "deltas" out of salesforce.com.

The API docs I sent you will explain how the salesforce.com API works. But the Informatica connector abstracts those details from you. 

IntegrationsIntegrations

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!  After your last note I pulled out my Informatica PowerExcahnge for Salesforce.lcom Version 8.6.1 HotFix 5 to see if PERHAPS something was included for that API call that you suggested!!

GUESS WHAT??  Right there in front of me it listed a new feature entitled "Capturing Changed Data During a Time Period"!!  Hallelluiah!!

Tammy