function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sggottliebsggottlieb 

Managing bi-directional relationships

I am setting up a demo for a client that is in the consulting business.  I am using the Services Project Manager application from Application Exchange as a starting point.  One of my requirements is that any "Contact" can be staffed as a resource on a project.  I am thinking the best way to implement this is to create a bi-directional link between "Resource" and "Contact."  I modified Resource to reference Contact but I want to be able to see that relationship from within the Contact record too.  

More importantly, is this the best way to implement this requirement.  Would it make more sense to use a "Master-Detail" relationship and write some trigger to create an empty Resource whenever a contact is created?  Or should I just start hacking the Services Project Manger to use Contacts as Resources rather than Resource Objects?

Any guidence would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Seth

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
waylonatcimwaylonatcim
You should be able to see what projects a particular contact is staffed as a resource on through related lists.  If there is not a section for "Projects" on the contact page, go to the page layout and see if you can add one through there.

All Answers

waylonatcimwaylonatcim
You should be able to see what projects a particular contact is staffed as a resource on through related lists.  If there is not a section for "Projects" on the contact page, go to the page layout and see if you can add one through there.
This was selected as the best answer
sggottliebsggottlieb

That did it.  I assumed that you would have to do something extra to the Contact object to show the related records.  The Visual Force interface seems to handle that for you automatically.

Here is a screenshot: