function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DshorizonDshorizon 

Question about Email notifications and workflow rules.

Hi, I have set up some email notifications these notifications are going out fine as long as the previous rule hasnt been met. I would like to send out the notification any time the field is changed. Example

I have a field for Required number of contacts a account can have, At the moment (with the evaluation criteria we can pick out of) it seems like I can only send a notification when this field is originally incremented from zero to a number. I would like this email to send out regardless of the previous value of the number, but i don't want it sent out when just anything on the form is changed.

so i guess my question is in short, How do you set up a email notification to send out any time a particular field is edited? 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
werewolfwerewolf
Change the criteria of your workflow rule to a Formula criteria and set it to be ISCHANGED(MyField).  Set the workflow to run whenever an object is created or edited.  Then put an email alert on that workflow.

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
Change the criteria of your workflow rule to a Formula criteria and set it to be ISCHANGED(MyField).  Set the workflow to run whenever an object is created or edited.  Then put an email alert on that workflow.
This was selected as the best answer
DshorizonDshorizon
I have to love being teh Nub, I greatly appreciate your help thank you!