function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
davecrusodavecruso 

Major CMSs that integrate with Salesforce?

Hi all, 

We're looking to redevelop our nonprofit website (1k+ visitors/day), and would like to integrate more tightly with Salesforce. Since we have a significant number of people who are involved with updating content on the site, we need to stick with a nice, simple CMS to make it all happen.

Points of integration include:

> Multiple web to lead forms

> Events integration (for signup)

> Profile management (using the Contact object, for volunteers) 

I have been looking into both Drupal and Joomla, which seem to have varying capacities to integrate directly with Salesforce using pre-built modules (ideal). Other CMSs, e.g., some of the commercial vendors, say little about SF integration.

Are there other CMSs, open source, noncommercial or commercial, that would be worth exploring? I'd love thoughts and opinions!

Thanks so much, 

--Dave 

David VPDavid VP

If it's nice and simple what you're looking for, you might want to check out CMSForce on the AppExchange :

It will handle multiple web 2 lead forms, and event registrations (actaully it has a 'Web 2 Anything' functionality built in). It will also allow business users to publish information out to the site without having to know HTML.

CMSForce on the AppExchange

It's 100% Force.com native so integration won't be an issue.

Oh : Did I mention it's free ? :-)

davecrusodavecruso

Hey David, 

Thanks for the suggestion -- I think we'll need something more complex than that (which is why we had been looking at packages like Drupal, Joomla and commercial suites). Although the CMS looks fine for smaller implementations, my sense is that it's still a little young for full enterprise-level & social/dynamic sites. 

Thanks!

--Dave