function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
himsnams2009himsnams2009 

Workflow Proces - Help Required - Urgent

Hi,

I have a requirement where in once the record is approved  the record status is set to approved then we need to set up a task for account owner to review and change the status to reviewed and if he does not change it to reviewed then keep sending him reminder emails every 3 days.

I tried the following

On approval update the status to approved and assign a task for account owner

and I created a workflow which had a rule criteria that "stauts should be equal to approved" and then it will set up a time bound email alerts to the account owner till the status is changed to reviewed. But when I change the status manually thru edit account page then the workflow is initiated but if the status is being set to approved by the approval process then the workflow process is not initiated. Can someone help me with this?

Regards

Himanshoo

GeraldineGrayGeraldineGray
I am a bit confused by your explanation/question but it sounds like you might be missing a "field update" in your process.
deepzdeepz
Hi, Workflow process gets initiated whenever a record is edited or created based on the option chosen in settings. It requires a edit/update from UI to initiate the workflow. Will not be able to initiate workflows via approval. It can be done thru coding. Please correct me if I am wrong.
neerureddyneerureddy

Hi Himanshoo,

In this Scenario , You should not use work flow to update the field value which is set by Approval process. Make sure field update should be done in Approval process itself.

Thanks,

Neeru.