function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ne-rm-teamne-rm-team 

Remote delete failed with Eclipse IDE

Hi,

I have some classes deployed to my production-system and now I want to delete some of them. When I right-klick on the delete button in my Eclipse project I get a message wich I have to confirm - until there everythin works fine.

But after I had confirmed this delete-message I get an Error-Message:

"Remote delete failed with the following message. Delete will be aborted. SOmyInitConCalcTrigger_isTest: null package.xml: null"

So, can anyone help me out or is there another way do delete the class in the production-system, because in sf I can't find any way to delete this classes?!

Thanks in advance for any help
regards
Sascha
cwall_sfdccwall_sfdc
Hey Sascha.

What IDE version are you using?

Can you re-run the delete operation in debug mode and send pertinent info?

Add the following to $eclipse-home/eclipse.ini:
-vmargs
-Dforce-ide-debug=true
-Dforce-ide-temp=<directory of your choice>/sfdc-ide

After doing so, re-start Eclipse and re-run the delete operation.  Then email me (cwall@salesforce.com) the following:
$workspace/.metadata/.plugins/com.salesforce.ide/force-ide.log
<directory of your choice>/sfdc-ide/*.zip  (change the extensions from "zip" to "txt")

Note: Remove the force-ide options after sending.  Keeping them will degrade performance.

Thanks.

-Chris
JonPJonP

Since this is a production organization, any deploy will fail if there are any Apex test failures or if code coverage requirements are not met.  This includes deleting a class or trigger.

My guess is that you are deleting the class(es) without deleting or updating the corresponding tests, so the tests are failing and the deploy (delete) is being rolled back.  If this is the case, the IDE apparently is not displaying the error message returned by the server.

Depending on what classes you want to delete and what tests you have in the system, the specific steps you need to take may vary.  But at a high level, what you need to do is perform a single action against the server that makes all of the necessary changes.

For example, if you have one normal class and one test class, and no other classes or tests depend on the class, you can highlight both the normal class and the test class and delete both at the same time, and that will be performed in a single transaction.

If your classes or tests are more interdependent, you may want to edit a number of classes and tests to remove their contents (e.g. have a class with an empty body) and then use the Save All command to push all changes to the server at once.  Then you should be able to come back and delete the now-empty classes since that will have no impact on the test failures/code coverage numbers.

Note that we generally recommend against creating Force.com projects in the IDE against production organizations.  Instead, you should develop in your Developer Sandbox and then use the IDE's Deploy to Server wizard to push a bunch of changes to production in a single transaction.  But in this case, the Deploy to Server wizard does not make it so easy to delete classes, so creating your project against production is necessary.

Jon

salesforce.com Product Manager

dev_jhdev_jh

Hi Jon / Chris,

I need your help as I am having serious issues with Eclipse on a deployment from Sandbox to Production for a Non Profit organization.

I have done many changes in the Sandbox Environment, from removing Classes and triggers, to creating new ones and adding custom fields to standard objects.

I tried deploying all the changes together (specifying each of them) but that did not work. So I tried individually in a reasonable order (ie: first TestCases, then Triggers, ...) but that didn´t work either.

Searching in these archives I saw the option of trying to manually delete, in production through the IDE (not ideal but apparently only option sometimes) the offending Classes. But this doesn´t work either and I am not really sure why as I don´t think I am doing anything wrong. I can´t even delete a custom Tab  that I can easily delete through the Web Interface!

Here is the log from the IDE in case it helps. Any help would be much appreciated as I don´t know how I can migrate these changes unless I resolve this issue!

ERROR [2009-02-17 01:35:23,309] (DeleteRefactorController.java:performRemoteDelete:253) - Remote delete failed with the following message. Delete will be aborted. package.xml: null Update_Opportunity_Count_Tab: null ERROR [2009-02-17 01:35:57,255] (DeleteRefactorController.java:performRemoteDelete:253) - Remote delete failed with the following message. Delete will be aborted. CustomLeadConverterTestCase: null package.xml: null WARN [2009-02-17 01:36:04,649] (ProjectPackageFactory.java:prepareProjectPackageList:366) - Project package list already contains component ApexClass 'classes/CustomLeadConverterTestCase.cls' [unpackaged] for file 'src/classes/CustomLeadConverterTestCase.cls' ERROR [2009-02-17 01:36:13,368] (DeleteRefactorController.java:performRemoteDelete:253) - Remote delete failed with the following message. Delete will be aborted. CustomLeadConverterTestCase: null package.xml: null

J

MNaethlerMNaethler

i found the only one Solution, u have to delete the triggers and classes of chatteranswers all at the same time in the IDE

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/a/15529/4241