function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SoapmuseumSoapmuseum 

Creating a 'New Task' button on an object list view

I am brand new to force.com customization. I am trying to create a New Task button on a list view so I can create multiple tasks from a list or log-a-note, etc.

I understand how to add a custom button to a page, but not to a list view layout.

Can anyone explain how this is done. I'm working on a custom object if that makes a difference.
advlgxpmadvlgxpm
Go to the Search Layouts of the custom object. Edit the List view layout and add the button.
SoapmuseumSoapmuseum
Hi.
Thanks for the info on where the button goes on a list view, that was perfect.  I thought I could reason through how to write the action but apparently it's more involved than I thought.  Here is what I have done.  Can you help me fill in the missing pieces?

Display Type:  List Button (with multi record selection enabled)
Behavior: Execute Javascript
Content Source:  OnClick javascript

Detail:

{!$Action.Activity.NewTask}
Scott DiehlScott Diehl
Ever figure this out?  I have the same problem.
Christian HarrellChristian Harrell
Also interested in this idea. We just switched from using pipedrive where users could send emails to multiple contacts from the task list view and create a new task for all of them as a follow up at the same time.

Has anyone built upon what is suggested here to build a functioning button on the contact or lead list view that allows you to generate a new task for all of the selected records?